South Africa, during the last months of this year, has had a fantastic time despite the recent Xenophobia attacks. That shine has caught up with a couple who had one of the most special moments ever recorded in a KFC Shop, and it has become the biggest turn around in their lives.
On the 6th of November, a video of a man proposing to his girlfriend in a KFC Shop broke the internet and had lots of people talking, one of which was a journalist who spoke ill about the proposal. She said, “SA men are so broke they even propose at KFC.”
She further added, “they have absolutely no class, I mean, who proposes at KFC.” Her tweet showed a high level of disrespect meted against hardworking South African men who are trying their possible best to give their partners the best life they can offer in any form.
Instead of the internet trolling @butterfly_Anele for her negative vibe, social media users like Cassper Nyovest had second thoughts. They called it off, considering the hype she would have got.
In a tweet, he said, “Saw that girl tweet rubbish about that couple yesterday, and I almost replied, but I thought it wasn’t wise and it would give her clout, so I deleted what I typed.”
KFC South Africa, through its Twitter handle, turned it around by asking South Africans via Twitter to help find the couple.
The official handle tweeted, “Mzansi please help us find this beautiful couple, re batla ho ba blesser 😊 DM us any leads, there might be a Finger Lickin’ Good surprise in it for you too. Batho ba Vaal re thuseng! We love love 😍❤️ #KFCProposal”.
The couple identified as Hector Mikansi and Nonhlanhla Soldaat were found two days later. On been asked how they were planning their wedding, Hector, the man of the moment, said, “I will like to have a small event to celebrate my wife, but the budget is tight.”
This statement, along with the beautiful moment that was captured in the video, touched the hearts of so many people, including strangers, big corporations in South Africa like Standard Bank. They promised the couple R300,000 to help them start their new journey.
Social media influencers, amongst other celebrities like Cassper Nyovest, showered their gifts as well.
Below is a list of some gifts promised to be given out on and after the day of their wedding.
- Castle Lite offered the couple a wedding trip with all flights cost and accommodation cost included.
- Clark & Sons supported 40 cases of their incredible blenders for the big day.
- Langa Mavuso offered to sing at the ceremony.
- Siwela Wines said they might want to support a portion of their best scope of MMC and wines.
- An anonymous Radio 702 listener, pledged R10 000 to the couple.
- FNB gave R5 000 in a Gold Cheque Account.
- To celebrate their engagement, Sun City offered them a special weekend treat at their center.
- Amstel Lager and StrongbowSA promised to supply the couple with cases.
- Total South Africa contributed to fuel their next adventure.
- DRUM Magazine offered them a two-page space to tell they’re fantastic romantic tale.
- Bohlokwa Bahlekazi offered free decoration services for the big day.
- Joe Human provided on the house wedding cards/invitations to be designed.
- South African ring maker, Billy Dlamini offered rings valued at 45 000 South African rands.
- Audi promised to drive the couple to their wedding trip.
- Puma South Africa gave the couple R10 000 off in-store shopping experience.
- Huawei pledged to give them each a device to capture memorable moments.
- Roadtrippers Travel will provide an all-expenses-paid holiday to Mozambique in 2020.
- Gqom fashion SA gifted the couple a blue Volkswagen Polo.
- Liberty Group has offered R10 000 into a tax-free savings account and a free financial planning session.
- 1Life Insurance gave them an R10 000 life investment.
- Durex provided something special for behind closed doors.
- Koo provided groceries to the value of R20 000.
DEFY appliances to the amount of R20 000.
The Legendary DJ Black Coffee [arguably the biggest DJ in South Africa] made an offer of paying for their suit and gown for the couple, respectively. Cassper Nyovest offered them an all-expense-paid trip to his show on the 15th of December.
To cap it all, a Chef made an offer of bringing his Team of Chef’s to serve the occassion.
In appreciation of the love and support, many South Africans showed to the couple, KFC tweeted again saying, “Our amazing couple, bhut” Hector and sis Nonhlanhla, are truly grateful and overjoyed by your love SA. Ba kopa fela a moment to take in all the love you are showering them with, please bear with us. More to follow fam. Siyabonga Mzansi.”
South Africa has stood as one and the showcase of love is beyond beautiful.
This is spectacular, and we all hope the love continues to spread like this. We are One People, and this is what we are to be doing, not hate on each other—# KFCProposal.